- What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined in applicable privacy laws. Personal information does not include aggregated information that does not allow an individual to be identified. Generally speaking, an individual’s business contact information, such as his or her name, title, business address, business telephone and business facsimile numbers, are not considered to be personal information.
- What we collect
Parkgatesociety.ca collects various personal information in order to serve members and website users.
In order to subscribe to our newsletter or sign up and become a member of Parkgatesociety.ca, we need to collect specific information from you – members are not anonymous to us. We will not transfer, distribute, lend, barter or disclose any of the information to third parties unless we are required to do so by law.
In addition, personal information may be imparted to Parkgatesociety.ca in the following ways:
- Browsing – while you browse, Parkgatesociety.ca automatically receives and records information on its server logs from your browser, including IP addresses, any pages you visit, documents you download, the type of browser you use and your operating system. Parkgatesociety.ca makes no attempt to identify you or to track your individual browsing activities.
Parkgatesociety.ca automatically sends cookies to your computer. These cookies are then stored on your hard drive when you log into Parkgatesociety.ca. However, as soon as you log out or close your browser, Parkgatesociety.ca destroys the matching session cookie(s) kept on our server. Depending on your browser settings, the session cookies stored on your hard drive may remain, but the matching cookies will no longer be retained by Parkgatesociety.ca. While cookies are designed to be read only by the site that provides them (not by other sites) we recommend that you regularly delete all the cookies stored on your computer.
- Email – while newsletter subscription does require that we keep subscribers’ email addresses in our database for communication purposes, we do not collect the email addresses of anonymous visitors to Parkgatesociety.ca. Parkgatesociety.ca will only record your email address if you send an email message and Parkgatesociety.ca will only use your email for the purpose for which you have expressly or implicitly provided it. Unless permitted by law, your email address will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent. However, please be aware that email transmission over the Internet with Parkgatesociety.ca is not encrypted and, therefore, is not completely secure. Email sent to and from Parkgatesociety.ca may be intercepted or viewed by other Internet users without your knowledge or permission while it is in transit to or from us.
In addition to collection of personal information via the means identified above, Parkgatesociety.ca, and its employees, affiliates, agents and service providers acting on Parkgatesociety.ca’s behalf, may collect, use and/or disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to understand and respond to the inquiries, feedback, needs and preferences of Parkgatesociety.ca’s members, website visitors and other individuals, including to communicate with such individuals;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis;
- to advertise Parkgatesociety.ca events and promotions;
- to distribute newsletters, promotional information and other material to individuals, in any format or media;
- to develop, enhance, market, advertise, sell or otherwise provide Parkgatesociety.ca’s services;
- to update and verify our databases and information provided by individuals;
- to detect and protect Parkgatesociety.ca, its affiliates, and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, theft, fraud and other illegal activity;
- as permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or laws; and
- for any other purpose to which an individual consents.
- Links to other Websites
- User Responsibility
It is your responsibility to take reasonable steps to ensure no unauthorized person shall have access to your username and password. It is your sole responsibility to (1) control the dissemination of your username, (2) monitor and control access to your login and password and, (3) promptly notify us of any need to deactivate your account or to change your username and/or password. For this reason, you must not share your username and password with any other person.
- Where do we store your Personal Information and how do we secure it?
Your personal information is securely stored on servers in various locations across Canada.
To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, Parkgatesociety.ca employs administrative and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of your personal information. For instance, we operate secure data networks protected by standard firewall and password protection systems.
- How can you obtain access to your personal information?
Upon your written request and subject to certain legal exceptions, Parkgatesociety.ca will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and will give you access to that information. Access requests must be sent in writing to our Privacy Officer at our office address:
3625 Banff Court
North Vancouver, V7H 2Z8
If you have any comments, questions or complaints please contact:
privacy [at] parkgatesociety [dot] ca